Want to be a web designer?

Published 22 Aug 2013 in Education & Careers by ZigPress

Every so often I get an email from someone asking about how to get started as a web desiger or web developer. I don’t always have time to reply, and to be honest I’m not a career advice guru anyway.

Here’s a useful website that discusses ways to get into the web design industry from an American perspective.

1. On 22 Aug 2013 at 17:35, Alejandro said:

thanks, very interesting.

2. On 24 Aug 2013 at 10:45, Prem said:

I want to become a web designer & ur info is so useful for me. Thanks a lot :-)

3. On 25 Aug 2013 at 01:06, Angel Peterson said:

Thanks for the share, very kind of you! Angel.

4. On 27 Aug 2013 at 13:15, munna said:

Actually you can be a web designer without costing much money if you have passion to learn things by your own. Here google comes for rescue. You can also download a book for this purposes also. The most important thing you should follow is be regular and practice as much as possible. You can’t be a master over night.

5. On 27 Aug 2013 at 17:41, Mark said:

Thanks for the info and sharing. It helped alot :)

6. On 28 Aug 2013 at 20:11, Scott said:

Web design is pretty simple. Modern, responsive, HTML5, mobile friendly web design is complex. It really just depends on how far you want to take it!

7. On 03 Sep 2013 at 18:16, Aline Conus said:

Interesting bit. I don’t know much about american design schools I hope they help students focus on users and ergonomy as a starting point rather than rampant un productive creativity (as fun as it might be!)

Thanks for that interesting link.

8. On 07 Sep 2013 at 23:35, lukas said:

I do agree with Scott. These days anyone can create their own website and publish it on the internet. Once You get into website design it does get kind of addictive. I think the plethora of web design software makes the job easier and the only thing you need is your imagination and creativity.

9. On 08 Sep 2013 at 12:36, A Muzaffer said:

Just go to Google and type the key words you want to get information on, and everything in-front of you. There are lot of resources how to learn web designing and get proficiency in it. It is easy if you take interest. Best of luck guys.

10. On 16 Sep 2013 at 14:20, toys said:

useful info…
    being a good web designer is not too easy. I believe they need to have a really good sense of design…not just photoshop or illustrator editing skills.