Are you going to WordCamp Europe?

Published 29 Jun 2013 in Events, Networking, WordPress by Alan James

WordCamps are a brilliant idea. Every year, in various locations around the world, WordPress developers, designers and users get together for 2 to 3 days to share knowledge, learn new skills and generally hang out with like-minded people.

This year WordCamp Europe looks like being a major event – to quote from the WordCamp Europe 2013 site:

“The biggest WordPress conference in Europe, organised by the community, for the community.”

It will be held in Leiden in The Netherlands on 5th – 7th October this year. Leiden is a beautiful town that I’ve visited many times and is well worth seeing. Not that you’ll have much time to see it if you plan on attending all the sessions.

If you’re interested, head over to the official website to learn more. Tickets start at a very reasonable €60.

1. On 30 Jun 2013 at 00:09, Jackie said:

Thanks for the heads up! Will definitely check into this event.

2. On 30 Jun 2013 at 14:13, Danaty said:

The last edition was so much a blessing. I did not attend but a friend of mine who went brought back so much refreshing info that has helped us both. Its really good to go get refreshed at seminars like this. Thanks for the info. I have to start planning and preparing to partake.

3. On 13 Jul 2013 at 20:01, Nithin Upendran said:

It’s a great one! I dunno whether asia has one like this or not!

4. On 14 Jul 2013 at 22:42, best eye cream said:

I would love to join if I could get a chance. I know this would be a great experience.

5. On 15 Jul 2013 at 22:47, The Vielle said:

I have been joining local camps in my country. But Europe is too far. Though I would certainly take this opportunity if I have the chance. Soon i guess. It would certainly be a great experience.

6. On 05 Aug 2013 at 18:26, Garages Akron OH said:

How awesome! I had no idea that such an event even existed. If I had the time and money I definitely know where I would be. Thanks for the info. I’m eager to see what kind of conversation and hype come out of this years WordCamp.

7. On 07 Aug 2013 at 08:32, adam miller said:

I would go in a heartbeat if my schedule allowed for it… sounds worthwhile

8. On 13 Aug 2013 at 08:03, Shruti said:

Sounds like you put a lot of thought into it! I love seeing other WordCamp Organizers’ processes. I wonder how long until people ask gender/minority demographic questions… I know it didn’t take long for us here in Chicago to be faced with that. I wish I had some more time available to put together our demographic statistics for everyone.